The FEMA X code marking system has been incredibly successful since it was widely used in Hurricane Katrina. It’s been adopted by most agencies and departments across the united states so you’ll be sure to see these post disaster. Unfortunately, there is no universally accepted list of abbreviations so you’ll have to use your brain and think about what you’re seeing as it may not be immediately obvious.
Freeze dried foods are perfect for any type of emergency. Whether for life threatening emergencies, or when you just need to prepare a quick meal for surprise guests, you will surely have something easy to prepare and eat in such situations.
Freeze dried food and survival food are foods that have undergone a special preservation process which involves removing all its moisture content which will extend its shelf life for few months up to many years. This process of preservation can be dated back to ancient times but is done today with modern equipment.
If you live in an area like Hawaii, Alaska or Washington State, you might want to consider the importance of a well stocked emergency BOB and a solid plan in the event of a Volcanic Eruption. These massive openings on the earth’s surface can erupt at a moment’s notice and cause death and destruction to everything in their path.
You never know when the next disaster may strike. Because of this you need to always be prepared for a disaster – whether it is man made or natural. One of the first things you should began preparing is a sufficient emergency food supply. During and after disasters, local stores may be out of stock of food and/or water. This can easily happen, especially if communication and transportation is severely affected due to damages from the disaster. Before any disaster such as hurricanes take place, you must have an adequate supply of food in your house.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS! Do we really have to tell you why guns are important for surviving a SHTF situation? Hopefully not. The only difficult question to answer is what kind of guns should you get? Well fortunately we’ve done the work for you and narrowed it down to 5 firearms that cover all the needs you would have in an apocalyptic urban survival situation.
If you examine the current food production situation in America, you will find that only about 1% of the population produces the food for the other 99% of the people. This is alarming since virtually the entire population does not know how to grow their own food and they have no notion about where their food is grown and produced or how it gets to their supermarket.
A great deal of American food is derived from grain or from grain fed animals. Grain is grown in a concentrated geographical area (the Midwest), and is transported to both coastal regions via only two vulnerable railroad lines.
A survival knife is a reliable, durable, and multi-purpose tool that can be used in a variety of ways to aid in your survival. Either to cut flesh, shape various materials, or pry things open, a quality survival knife can accomplish most tasks. It’s important to note before we delve into the details that there is no “Best Survival knife” as it all depends on your environment and where you’re most likely to find yourself when SHTF. For instance, the air force will issue pilots with an ASEK or “Aircrew Survival Egress Knife” which usually features a saw on the spine of the blade to cut through thin aircraft skin and acrylic glass. The Army on the other hand will issue survival knives with a flat spine for batoning through firewood. If you’re tight on space and require concealment, you may want to consider a folding knife but that comes at the expense of being less durable. As you can see, there’s a lot to consider when purchasing a survival knife.
If there is anything you need to remember, SURVIVAL is it. It encompasses everything a survivor needs to be aware of. There is a reason why the worlds military forces teach this. The following will expand on the meaning of each letter. It’s highly recommended you study each letter.
Tsunamis can potentially occur on any shoreline of the United States, and it is therefore critical that if you live near a coastline that you prepare an emergency urban survival kit and plan in advance. Tsunamis are very large waves that can be hundreds of feet high, caused by seismic activity or earthquakes under the sea. There may be very little warning or perhaps no warning at all. So having an emergency urban survival guide ready in advance will save valuable minutes and perhaps save your life.
A Radiological Dispersion Device (RDD) is also known as a “dirty bomb” or a “dirty nuke”, and if one goes off in your home town, you will want to have an emergency urban survival plan in place to protect you and your loved ones. An RDD is a form of explosive device that not only results in a deadly blast, but it is also packed with other radioactive materials that are spewed throughout the blasting radius.